Term Paper Categories
The Catcher In The Rye
|Term Paper Title
||The Catcher In The Rye
|# of Words
|# of Pages (250 words per page double spaced)
The Catcher in the Rye
1. D.B. is Holden’s older brother. Holden’s older brother works in Hollywood as a
2. Holden Caulfield this person try’s to act mature when he’s about twelve years old.
This character is someone who always says bad things to the people he meets.
3. Phoebe Caufield is Holden’s sister. She’s very sweet, and nice. They have a good time with each other because Phoebe cares a lot about Holen.
4. Robert Ackley is a character that has a lot of acne on his face. He also is Holden’s next room neighbor.
5. Mr. Antolini is one of Holden’s old friends. He is always trying to give advise to Holden; so that he succeeds in school.
6. Stradlater is Holdens senior friend and roommate. This character likes to go out with many girls.
7. Jean Gallagher is not only Holdens friend; she’s Holdens best friend. These characters like each other, and have known each other since they were very little.
8. Sally Hayes is Holdens friend. She likes poetry, and she also likes to go to the theater. She goes out on a date with Holden.
This story is based on a young boy’s life. This young boy’s full name is Holden Caulfield. He is twelve years old, and attends a school called Pencey. Holden starts off this story by telling his story about the last Christmas. He starts off by saying that he was at Thomson Hill watching a football game. He returned from New York with the fencing team. He was the manager of the team. Holden went to his room located at Pencey.
Holden was very bored; so he took out a hunting hat that he had bought at New York. His next door neighbor came in to bother Holden. His neighbors name is Robert Ackley. He is a tall kid that never brushes his teeth. They were both talking about Holdens roommate Stadlater. Robert Did not like Stadlater at all. When Stadlater came up to the room, he told Holden that he had a date with Jane Gallagher. She is Holdens friend. Holden was mad because he thought Stadlater was a jerk. Holden later had a fight with Stradlater.
Holden was so depressed that he couldn’t concentrate in school. This led him to fail five class’ except for English. He decided to run away for a couple of days. His idea was to run away so that his parents wouldn’t be so mad when he got back to his home. Holden left to New York. He stayed in a hotel full of perverts. He watched threw his window how a couple were squirting water to each other. He couldn’t stop thinking about Jane Gallagher; so he got depressed, because that was the first girl that he really liked.
Holden spent all his time in the lobby, bars, and clubs. He would dance, drink and even smoke. One night on the elevator, a man named Maurice told Holden if he wanted to get a prostitute. Holden said that he would like one. He regretted saying yes to Maurice, when the prostitute got to Holdens room. He still paid the prostitute five dollars. Maurice and the prostitute went back to claim another five dollars that Holden supposedly did not pay the prostitute. Maurice punched Holden and got the five dollars.
The very next day Holden took all his things to the station and locked it safe. Later on he called up his friend Sally Hayes. He asked her if she wanted to go out on a date with him. Sally said that she would go out with him. While he was waiting for her, he went to the disco shop to buy a disco for his sister Phoebe. Holden liked Sally a lot. He took her out to see a show. Sally liked it a lot, so they went out skating. Holden started telling Sally how they could go far away to get married and live together. Sally got so hysterical that Holden had to leave.
The very next day Holden got in touch with an old intellectual friend. They had a long talk at the hotel. When his friend left, Holden got drunk. He had to leave the place so that he wouldn’t get into trouble. He was very depressed because of what happened. He then went to the park where he used to skate with his sister very often. It was already night time and very hard to see while he was walking around. He...
Read entire document