|Term Paper Title
||Abstinence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
|# of Words
|# of Pages (250 words per page double spaced)
Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
The teenage years are often troublesome, filled with decisions, punishment, hard work, and school and for some, what they perceive as love. Almost everyone knows what being a teenager is like from his or her own past experiences. Although some decisions are harder than others for teens to make, one decision is probably the hardest: abstinence. Sex, something that should not be taken lightly. The decision to have sex should not be made while a teenager.
Growing up in a Lutheran private school, I have learned that sexual intercourse is not going to be something I engage in as a teenager before marriage. Having had sex education, I know enough about what goes on that I do not need to be curious and investigate. The thoughts of two teenagers, whose bodies are yet to grow and mature having sexual intercourse is inappropriate to me. Today, the entertainment media seems to think that teenage sexual conduct is something to make fun of and something that will make money. Although sex does sell well in movie theaters and home videos, it does not show real teenagers how they should act. Having sexual intercourse should not be considered as only a physical act of love, but as a gift to a future spouse.
Teenagers lose their virginity every day. They think a boyfriend or girlfriend will not stay with them unless they have sex. Teen magazine says that 70% of all teenagers who have had sex, did because of peer pressure. That leaves only 30% to other possibilities such as true love. To me, this seems outrageous. Teenagers should not even be thinking about sex, never mind having sex.
Read entire document